Our Team

'daDad (38 yo), the Mama (36yo), FarmerBoy (19 yo ds), Gypsygirl (17 yo dd), Miss Petite (16 yo dd),LionHeart (14 yo ds), Red (12 yo ds), Belle (10 yo dd),Nae Nae (7 yo dd),Bunny (2 yo dd), Little Britches (3 months)







Saturday, January 24, 2009

New Bibles

Our new Bibles came in the mail Thursday afternoon. We ordered them from Christian Book Distributors. 'da Dad and I got Open Bibles. They have lots of wonderful information in the front of each book, a concordance, definitions of archeich
words,etc. I have sorely missed a Bible with helps.This is the Bible 'da Dad used to preach out of. Belle got a pink Precious Moments Bible, and Lionheart and Red got Explorer Bibles. They have a lot of nice helps and activities in them. All the others had their Bibles in the van, so they didn't need to be replaced.
My desire for God's word has increased greatly since the fire. I really,really want to read and spend time with the Father.
I guess adversity is good for the soul. It causes me to cling to the one thing in my life that doesn't change, God-my Father, Jesus-my Saviour, Holy Spirit- my Teacher and Comforter. Nothing else is permanent.
Yesterday involved a lot of running. We took of the rest of the junk metal to the recyclers. Then, 'da Dad went tool shopping. It was kind of funny, me being in the "guy mall" (Harbor Freight, Academy sports is also a "guy mall") with him and Bunny. I was sure people were wondering why I wasn't freaking out over his purchases, but I was engaged in a rare win-win situation with his "toy" shopping trip. I get a house and he gets tools. How cool is that?
We are working around here on straightening up, laundry,etc. In a small house, we are constantly cleaning, picking up, etc., trying to some how make more space or better use of the space we do have.Always shuffling.
Lionheart has a basketball game today. Gypsygirl and Miss Petite are going to go cook and sew with some friends this afternoon. I wish I could go ; ). Life is full, and it is good.
"The Lord is the potion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot.The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea I have a goodly heritage. I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel: my reins (mind) also instruct me in the night seasons.I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth;my flesh also shall rest in hope." Psalm 16:5-9
Song-The Great Speckled Bird (bluegrass song)

No comments:

Post a Comment