Our Team

'daDad (38 yo), the Mama (36yo), FarmerBoy (19 yo ds), Gypsygirl (17 yo dd), Miss Petite (16 yo dd),LionHeart (14 yo ds), Red (12 yo ds), Belle (10 yo dd),Nae Nae (7 yo dd),Bunny (2 yo dd), Little Britches (3 months)







Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Storms

Well,we are in the midst of those terrible storms they were predicting. Right now, I'd say we have drifts of 18-24" outside, with no signs of stopping. Kind of pretty, but I'm glad we don't have to go anywhere. They even canceled 'da Dad's work.
Last night I went in to pick him up after work. We decided to stop @ Walmart to pick up a few things. This was approx. 9pm. Anywho, the bread aisle was nearly empty, there were only 3 dozen or so of the "expensive" eggs, and all the wm butter was gone. We,ourselves bought the last kerosene lantern they had. So, we are good to go. I hope everyone else is doing as well.
Life has been interesting here lately. I can make all kinds of good plans, do everything right, and God can still take me in different direction than I thought I was going.
Today, I ran onto a poem that I think is really good for this instance.

The Weaver

My life is but a weaving
Between my Lord and me,
I cannot choose the colors
He worketh steadily.

Ofttimes He weaveth sorrow,
And I in
foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper
And I, the underside.

Not till the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why.

The dark threads are as needful
In the Weaver's skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.
-author unknown

On the other side of this tract is another poem,new to me.

He Maketh No Mistake

My Father's way may twist and turn,
My heart may throb and ache,
But in my soul I'm glad I know,
He maketh no mistake.

My cherished plans may go astray,
My hopes may fade away,
But still I'll trust my Lord to lead
For He doth know the way.

Tho' night may be dark and it may seem
That day will never break;
I'll pin my faith, my all in Him,
He maketh no mistake.

There's so much now I cannot see,
My eyesight's far too dim;
But come what may, I'll simply trust
And leave it all to Him.

For by and by the mist will lift
And plain it all He'll make.
Through all the way, tho' dark to me,
He made not one mistake.
-A.M. Overton

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.(the new open Bible adds this as a footnote:hope in your latter end.)

May this bring each of us encouragement as we run the course marked out for us.






No comments:

Post a Comment