Our Team

'daDad (38 yo), the Mama (36yo), FarmerBoy (19 yo ds), Gypsygirl (17 yo dd), Miss Petite (16 yo dd),LionHeart (14 yo ds), Red (12 yo ds), Belle (10 yo dd),Nae Nae (7 yo dd),Bunny (2 yo dd), Little Britches (3 months)







Thursday, July 8, 2010

What We've Been up To

I am just about finished writing up the children's course of study. I may post it here (another day), just in case anyone is interested, or needs some fresh ideas. We have been doing schoolwork "lite" this week, because of Gypsygirl's 4-h fair.
She showed 4 goats, got 3 blue ribbons, a grand champion and one red ribbon. She seems pleased. She really enjoys working with animals.
I am helping with a wedding quilt. It is an Irish Chain, in black, white, and cream. There are some embroidered square between the chains. I have pieced 2 blocks, and Ms. Petite did 1 embroidered block. It is a poem taken from an Amish wedding invitation. Maybe I'll try to post it later.
We worked on the house this weekend. 'da Dad got 1/2 of the plumbing in and he and Farmerboy also got the treated boards put up for the porch. Once the flashing is on, the siding can be hung!
The ladies in the family were busy, too. Ms. Petite, Gypsygirl, and I finished painting the cabinets and cut and hung more insulation. After that, Gypsygirl fixed some fence (so we can move their ponies home) and Ms. Petite and I cleaned and reorganized the tool room. Of course, the littles helped with these projects as well, fetching and so on.
Today is my mom's birthday, Happy Birthday Mom! I love you! Thanks for always being there for me.
I need to scoot.
Be blessed.

Psalm 67 Proverbs 8

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete