Our Team

'daDad (38 yo), the Mama (36yo), FarmerBoy (19 yo ds), Gypsygirl (17 yo dd), Miss Petite (16 yo dd),LionHeart (14 yo ds), Red (12 yo ds), Belle (10 yo dd),Nae Nae (7 yo dd),Bunny (2 yo dd), Little Britches (3 months)







Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Eating the Elephant, One Bite at a Time......

I just got done reading a story on flylady(.net)'s daily email. It was about her dh dismantling a car one piece at a time until it was gone. It was funny, you should look it up.
Anyway, it got me thinking. Yesterday, I had a bad "I don't want to be here anymore (stomps her feet, acts like a two yo throwing a tantrum)" kind of day. It didn't help that I ended up with the stomach "bug" in the afternoon, either. But, oh, my attitude stank! God forgive me. (Back to the ranch...) The house is like that. Most weeks we get a few bites out of the elephant. Actually, according to our tax appraisal, already half of the elephant has been eaten. So, why should I complain? My problem is, it's not going along with my time frame. Me,me, me,and I,I,I. *sigh* I don't know how God, my husband,family, friends put up with me. I'm going to try to keep the elephant in my mind and look at this glass half empty ( as in, less to be done).
It sure has been hot. I'm trying to find some reason to thank God for this weather, maybe it's vital for some crops? Any way, fall is less than 2 months away. Fall is my favorite season and fall is when the baby comes!
Psalm 82 Proverbs 27

No comments:

Post a Comment