Our Team

'daDad (38 yo), the Mama (36yo), FarmerBoy (19 yo ds), Gypsygirl (17 yo dd), Miss Petite (16 yo dd),LionHeart (14 yo ds), Red (12 yo ds), Belle (10 yo dd),Nae Nae (7 yo dd),Bunny (2 yo dd), Little Britches (3 months)







Thursday, April 30, 2009

Work

Yesterday we got cinder block (from the old foundation) cleaned up to build the piers. Gypsygirl, Ms. Petite, and I worked on that. Today, we are planning on finishing that job. Just 14 more to go.
Red and Lionheart broke off the tie ins (these are pieces of metal with a hole in them, that a pin is slid into to hold the concrete forms in place) that were in the foundation walls.
Farmerboy tried to fix the wheelbarrow so we could mix concrete in it. It needed more repairs than he could do out at the place, so we ended up bringing it in town.
'da Dad and the three elders went to get lumber so it could be cut to length. Dad set the saw up to do some chopping, and then it began to rain. And rain. So, we came back into town and he, Farmerboy, Gypsygirl, and Lionheart chopped and restacked the lumber. We didn't get as much done as we had hoped, but we still got some things done.
We are hoping to get the piers in by tomorrow evening, but we really need a break in the weather.
I'm not sure we are going to try camping out after all because it looks as though it may be raining off and on those days. Praying for a break......
Working on those blocks yesterday gave me a chance to work on determination:). I am glad to have that nearly done.
The Lord has been so good to us.
We have Jesus, a home, our family, Christian brethern, food, and clothing. What do we have to complain about?
I have struggled with our change in circumstances. The lack of privacy, space, quiet,etc. But, God has been so faithful to give us other blessings here. I was hanging laundry the other day, and noticed wild strawberries! We don't have those at "home". Then Tuesday, we saw some live snails. I've never seen those before in my whole life. There are more rabbits here, due to lack of predators. Also, there is more opportunity to watch birds, as we have no trees near to the house site (nor did we before). All of these things please the children and me.
Another thing God showed me a few days ago was that we treally needed to reach out to all the little people coming to visit our children. One boy comes over almost everyday. I dont' know too much about him, except he's quiet. (The children are always watched over, call me paranoid.) I gave him a children's Bible the other day. It has lots of pictures and is an easy to read version.
I have decided that if we are still here when the public school children are out for the summer,that I am going to take the time to read them Bible stories when they come over. Just a little sowing.
Have a blessed day!
the mama
1 John 3-5 Showers of Blessing (lol)

1 comment: