Our Team

'daDad (38 yo), the Mama (36yo), FarmerBoy (19 yo ds), Gypsygirl (17 yo dd), Miss Petite (16 yo dd),LionHeart (14 yo ds), Red (12 yo ds), Belle (10 yo dd),Nae Nae (7 yo dd),Bunny (2 yo dd), Little Britches (3 months)







Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wow, it's hot!

Yesterday the children and I went up to the place to do chores and play for awhile. 'da Dad worked late and I didn't want him having to stop and do chores afterwards. When we left town at 4pm, it was 102! Of course, it was probably cooler at home, because there is no concrete or buildings. It also is windy out there. Anyway, the house was not too bad, but it was still hot.
We did chores first, and then I gave the children some jobs.
Ms. Petite swept the floor downstairs. Our dog had rubbed all over it, working to remove her winter coat. When that was done, she and I planned the kitchen layout. We purchased used cabinetry and had to re-think how to best use them. This replaces our original plan.
Gypsygirl weeded her little garden. It has volunteer squash or pumpkins and sunflowers in it.
Lionheart made a path the the pigeon coop and the "necessary". It is getting kind of grown up out there. The youngers entertained themselves and Bunny.
After that, we stopped and visited a few minutes with one neighbor. We were picking up supplies to make 2 pieced blocks to go on her brother's wedding quilt. Gypsygirl and I will be sewing those. Ms. Petite has been working on an embroidered one to go with it. She has the talent and skills to do that, I don't.
Then, we went to our neighbors we buy milk from. They had 3 gallons for us. Mmm.
I am feeling pretty good now. The baby seems to be doing well. I do seem a little (LOT) more emotional, but I am just trying to lean more on the Lord and my husband.
Psalm 48 Proverbs 23

No comments:

Post a Comment