Our Team

'daDad (38 yo), the Mama (36yo), FarmerBoy (19 yo ds), Gypsygirl (17 yo dd), Miss Petite (16 yo dd),LionHeart (14 yo ds), Red (12 yo ds), Belle (10 yo dd),Nae Nae (7 yo dd),Bunny (2 yo dd), Little Britches (3 months)







Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Balance

I've been thinking a lot about balance here lately. I don't have this one mastered, but I guess I'll just have to keep working on it. :)
Mostly, I have been pondering balance between the sexes, particularly husbands and wives. Men are bashed constantly for being "unrespectible". But, the Bible tellsthem to love us as Christ loves the church. That means when we are unlovely. Wow! I can be pretty "ugly" sometimes, how about you? We respect because we want to respect our husbands in honor of Christ.
Another thing, there is much talk among conservative circles about a man being able to provide for a family when he marries. But, where is the discussion about wives being wise with their husbands gain and content with whatever circumstances she finds the family in. Doesn't it make sense to teach and expect these things to go hand in hand, each strengthening the other?
I guess I'm ranting. Life is full of double standards. As Christians, we should each strive to hold the standard we are given , male and female alike. She should work to be that Titus 2 and Proverb 31 lady. He should work to be that Psalm 1 and Ephesians 5 man. What a blessing that would be.
Next subject.
The weather here is very beautiful. The sun is shining, though it is a few degrees cooler than yesterday. No matter, at least there is the sunshine.
Most people are tilling there gardens in preparation for potatoes, lettuce, and radishes. If we put in anything soon,it will only be potatoes. I generally wait until the last chance of frost is past before I plant anything else. This is especially important since we are not there to cover the tender plants.
Genesis 16-18 Psalm 24

No comments:

Post a Comment