Our Team

'daDad (38 yo), the Mama (36yo), FarmerBoy (19 yo ds), Gypsygirl (17 yo dd), Miss Petite (16 yo dd),LionHeart (14 yo ds), Red (12 yo ds), Belle (10 yo dd),Nae Nae (7 yo dd),Bunny (2 yo dd), Little Britches (3 months)







Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Quiet and Peaceable Life

" I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men;
For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may live a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty." 1 Timothy 2:1-2

"And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;
That you make walk honestly toward them who are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing." 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

"Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear. Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price." 1 Peter 3:1-4

This is what I am working on. Outside commitments have *finally* dwindled, and I feel the need to circle the wagons (my family), and focus on letting God work in us, and just enjoying each other.

We have been sick w/ some evil stomach something for about a week. I haven't gotten it, but I am pretty worn out from taking care of the children and picking up their end of the work. (I'm shocked and impressed w/ how much they do!)
The healthy ones have still been doing school. Thank God for Robinson!

I have a few sewing projects going, and was trying to figure out how to prioritize their completion. I decided that working on the ones that belong in the weeks' zone made the most sense. For instance, this week is the living room and dining room. 'da Dad bought some awesome hardware for the LR, so I am going to work on the curtains for them. I accidentally told Ms. Petite to sew them up wrong. So, I am doing the ripping :p. One or the other of us will sew them up correctly.
Next time, I'd like to work on cloth napkins. I'd love to make a runner for the table, but with littles, that's not too smart. I could maybe make a small fabric doilie, though.

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment