Our Team

'daDad (38 yo), the Mama (36yo), FarmerBoy (19 yo ds), Gypsygirl (17 yo dd), Miss Petite (16 yo dd),LionHeart (14 yo ds), Red (12 yo ds), Belle (10 yo dd),Nae Nae (7 yo dd),Bunny (2 yo dd), Little Britches (3 months)







Friday, March 18, 2011

Preserving Me or Serving Christ?

What to post about? This has been a long week, not necessarily bad, but a lot has happened.
Farmerboy went on a camping/hiking trip for spring break. He seems refreshed and really enjoyed the nature and company of his friends.
I was glad for him to come home. We all were.
Now it's back to the books.
Sunday's church services really helped me get some things straightened out between my ears.
I've built a wall around my self emotionally, to avoid more pain. I hate pain.
I was reminded that I am not called to "preserve" myself, but to be poured out as a sacrifice (I keep thinking of a drink offering here, not sure why)to God.
We are never more like Jesus than when we love when it hurts, even when met with rejection, and forgive any way, especially when no one offers an apology for the wrong(s) suffered. This is where the rubber meets the road.
Anyway, it really freed me up.
Also, God reminded me that He allows me (us) to be put in positions that are painful to grow me and to show me things (sin) in my life and heart. So, I can be doing exactly what He told me to do, and suffer. But, He is there, working everything out for my good, and all others involved.
Not sure I'm getting out what I mean. I hope this helps somebody.
Here's a few verses I have been thinking on:
"Pursue peace with all people, and holiness,without which no one will see the Lord: looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble,and by this many become defiled." Hebrews 12:12-13 (NKJV)
Unforgiveness leads to bitterness. Life affords many opportunities to become bitter. We have to choose to become better through our trials, not bitter.
God gives grace, we must ask Him for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment