Our Team

'daDad (38 yo), the Mama (36yo), FarmerBoy (19 yo ds), Gypsygirl (17 yo dd), Miss Petite (16 yo dd),LionHeart (14 yo ds), Red (12 yo ds), Belle (10 yo dd),Nae Nae (7 yo dd),Bunny (2 yo dd), Little Britches (3 months)







Monday, July 27, 2009

It's been a while. Right now the computer we were using is down, so I'm blogging at my parents' house.
The last 2 weekends we have worked on electricity. The downstairs is nearly done. This process is very time consuming. I know the whole family will enjoy the benefits, though.
The doors are also ready to hang. I spoke to the man who donated them, and he thinks the hinges we bought are not sturdy enough. I'm thinking he's right, b/c they are steel. We hadn't even thought about that. It sure is good to have " a multitude of counselors".
My dad fixed one of the double windows for the house. There is a second one he needs to repair, but there's time,b/c we have 2 windows we have to retrofit. Anyway, it looks nice, and will go to live in the classroom. Thanks, Dad!
We are still packing and purging for the move. 'da Dad and I went and worked at the storage unit, reorganizing and boxing those things up. I want that done before we move the things we have ready at the trailer. Otherwise, it will be a mess when it comes moving day!( No thank you!) So, that is one of the priorities this week.
Yesterday was a really good day at church. The pastor has been teaching out of John 7. He pointed out some cultural things that really added to my understanding of what was going on while Jesus was talking. I really was challenged when he spoke about Christians having rivers of life gushing our of their hearts. WOW! Can God use me like that, to bless others? Do others know that the Power of Christ and HIs resurrection are living in me? Not b/c of something I have done, how good I am,etc., but just b/c I am willing to lay down what I want and embrace Him and His will? I want to be like the apostles, their life was so different, that the people noted that they were but common, unlearned men, but they had been with Jesus. I want to be that kind of vessel. How about you?
God is just so good. I could not bear many things, if I wasn't firmly convinced of His love for me and my family. He is the rock which I cling to. There is no other real hope.
This morning I was reading Psalm 23-26. I have prayed a lot lately that Jesus would hold onto me, b/c I was climbing up on uneven ground (usually a bad attitude, or a pity-party) and I would be sure to stumble (say or do hurtful things to my loved ones or anyone else in my path :p). In Psalm 25 or 26 it says that God had set his foot on an even place. *sigh* That is just wonderful. Thank you Jesus.
Well, you all have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment