Our Team

'daDad (38 yo), the Mama (36yo), FarmerBoy (19 yo ds), Gypsygirl (17 yo dd), Miss Petite (16 yo dd),LionHeart (14 yo ds), Red (12 yo ds), Belle (10 yo dd),Nae Nae (7 yo dd),Bunny (2 yo dd), Little Britches (3 months)







Saturday, May 21, 2011

Lots to Blog About

There has been a lot going on around here. I will not be sticking to 1 topic, but I will try to make my subjects clearly divided.
Bible Reading
First, today's Bible reading. I began again in the Psalms earlier this week. It has been very good to be there. Anywho, this morning my reading included Psalm 56:9 "When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me." One interesting thing God has shown me while I have been studying Psalm is who my enemy is. I do not consider myself to have personal enemies, so a lot of psalms seemed to have little application for me. But, the Lord showed me that there are ppl out in the world who are out to ruin spiritually and probably physically. I remember reading once about a man who used to produce online p*rn, who converted to Christianity. He said that one of his greatest thrills (as an unbeliever) was to get a Christian man addicted to that filth!!! So, the plans of ppl like that, who are governed by satan, the enemy of our souls, I want to be frustrated!
The other place that scripture (56:9) reminded me of was Romans 8:31 "What shall we say then to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?" What were these "things" Paul was talking about? Suffering b/c we belong to Christ. I just can't leave it here
"He that spared not his own son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him give us all things? Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died,yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness,or peril,or sword? As it is written, FOR THY SAKE WE ARE KILLED ALL THE DAY LONG; WE ARE ACCOUNTED AS SHEEP FOR THE SLAUGHTER. Nay, in these things we are more than conquerers through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life,nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:32-39. actually all of Ch.8 is a good reminder of our position if we are in Christ. What a hope we have within us!
Thanks to My Dad & Mom
Every year at church we are given an opportunity to publicly honor our parents on mother and father's day. My parents do not attend church w/us, so I'm going to do it now :).
I am so very grateful they took me to church and laid the foundation for all the work God has done since then. My parents were "more experienced" when they had me, so they didn't fall in with all that Dr.Spock, permissive, stifling your child junk. If I needed it, I got a spanking. I am a well adjusted adult, if anything, I might have been even better off w/ a few more trips to the woodshed (just remember, you can't spank me anymore :). Another benefit of having "more experienced" parents was the fact that they did not, nor did they allow me, to just go along w/ what everyone else was doing. This has made it so much easier to be different in all the ways I and my family are different. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I always knew my parents were going to be there when I came home from school. I always knew they loved me, and were trying to do their best for me b/c they wanted to see me living a blessed life. Mom and Dad I just want to thank you for every sacrifice you made for me, every tear you cried, and every prayer you have ever prayed for me and our family. I understand you both better with every passing year with my own children. So, you just keep getting smarter as the years go on! LOL! I love you both!
Storms
Life storms. Thursday I was at an appointment about an hour away, when I began to have chills. By the time the appt was over, I was running a fever and had pain in a specific area. I wasn't sure I could even make it home, but being the only driver, I didn't have any choice. I had Gypsygirl make some calls so everyone at home would be ready for a sick mama. 'da Dad came home from work, so he could take NaeNae to her dental appt. I don't think I've been that bad off in my life. Maybe when I had a double ear infection when I was 16. Anyway, we got right on it, and w/in about 6 hours, the fever broke and I was feeling less miserable. I have been what we call "gassed" since then. Then last night, I started in w/ an ear ache and sore throat. All those things should be helped by what I am taking for the other infection, but I do feel a little done in.
One other thing that happened Thursday-one of the key pieces of equipment I use in ministry to families I discovered has a broken part. I realized this will be the 2nd time I have replaced that in 7 years. So, God is affording me lots of opportunities to trust Him. He is good all the time. I am anxiously awaiting how He works all this out.
A Word on Courtship
Something I have noticed is a lot of emphasis on the young man pleasing the girl's parents. There is some of that surely. For us, his beliefs need to be pretty close to our, but not b/c he changes them to conform. After all, it is the woman who is to be helper and conformer to her husband (Gen 2:18-25).A couple of great question the young lady should be asking herself are "Can I complete this man? Can I conform myself to him and support him in the vision/ministry/vocation God has called him to?" Just my 2 cents.

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment