Our Team

'daDad (38 yo), the Mama (36yo), FarmerBoy (19 yo ds), Gypsygirl (17 yo dd), Miss Petite (16 yo dd),LionHeart (14 yo ds), Red (12 yo ds), Belle (10 yo dd),Nae Nae (7 yo dd),Bunny (2 yo dd), Little Britches (3 months)







Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Don't Feel Sorry for Me

Today my husband and I went out w/ new baby. Every once in a while we go out to breakfast at the same restaurant. Usually, we have the same waitress, a thirty-something, mom-looking woman. I realized while talking w/her that she had never seen all of our children w/us. Farmerboy had come in a bit before on his way to school. I mentioned that he was our oldest and she commented that was quite an age gap. I then told her not really because we had 9. Her reply was "You poor thing." I, of course, said" no, it's actually a lot of fun."
Yes, I really mean that. It is hard work, it is tough sometimes, but I am always glad we have ALL of them. Life would be pretty boring with out them.
Please don't feel sorry for me, I am blessed.

Psalm 119

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely. Even though A. hasn't found the carrying and delivery to be something she wants to do a lot of, every one is a blessing. And the one(s) that got away leave a hole.

    She has a HS classmate who once said something like (in reference to her kid(s)), "I wish they'd never been born." Seems the ultimate in narcissism to me ... a very, very, self-centered (read 'sinful') POV. Sounds like this person's opinion is heavily influenced by the world.

    ReplyDelete